Saturday, December 26, 2009

bookshelf add-on

An add-on to my reading collection came from a dear friend for Christmas. It's Max Lucado's "He Still Moves Stones". This is the first time I'm reading his book aside from snippets in the Dayspring greeting cards. I've just finished the first chapter and looking forward to the rest of the book. He had this to say in the acknowledgments section which was quite profound.
You are about to entrust me with your most valuable asset--your time. I pledge to be a good steward.
In my excitement about the book, I will leave you with this short excerpt.
A bruised reed he will not break, and a smouldering wick he will not snuff out. (Matt. 12:20) Is there anything more frail than a bruised reed? Look at the bruised reed at the water's edge. A once slender and tall stalk of sturdy river grass, it is now bowed and bent. Are you a bruised reed?

No comments: