Wednesday, March 9, 2011

dic.tion.ar.y

There is something deeply comforting about flipping through the dictionary in search of that particular word. A better word for the feeling would be "nostalgia". Maybe it is the deja vu of looking for one word after another to satisfy the word puzzle, the smell of an old dictionary... As I flipped through my Webster dictionary in search of the word "metaphor", which I sort of knew but failed to explain properly, that is exactly how I felt. I remembered those childhood days when gadgets like computer or laptop did not exist yet (at least not in my home) and the only way to look for the definition of a word was by using the dictionary. In this era, all I have to do is type the word into google and within seconds, there's my answer. Do you? Or maybe I am one of the few who has been lazy. Haha.

No comments: